Neighbourhood Officer (Estates)
About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £24,982 to £27,741
Do you value development? Are you looking for a new challenge? We have an opportunity for a Full Time Neighbourhood Officer to join the team working across Mid Devon based from our Head Office, Tiverton.
At Mid Devon District Council, Tiverton our benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to discount shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Monday to Friday (except following the 8 bank holidays and Christmas)
- Free parking at site
As a Neighbourhood Officer your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Tenancy & estate management
- Responding to complaints of anti-social behaviour, general tenancy enquiries and tenancy fraud issues
- Maintaining health and safety on our estates
- Managing tenancy changes and the review of flexible tenancies
At Mid Devon District Council, Tiverton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- Excellent communication and mediation skills are essential
- An ability to solve problems is also important
- You must be able to organise your own workload
- You need experience in housing management or a customer focussed service
- You must have an understanding of landlord and tenant obligations
To find out more
To find out more information about Mid Devon District Council please visit: https://www.middevon.gov.uk/
For any questions or for an informal conversation regarding the position of Neighbourhood Officer, working across Mid Devon based from our Head Office, Tiverton. please contact Claire Fry, Operations Manager for Housing Services. Telephone number 01884 255255.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - Neighbourhood Officer (Estates)
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||30 September 2021 at 1:00pm|
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.