About this job
PERMANENT: 23.5 hours per week
SALARY: £11.18 to £11.39 per hour
Do you want a role that is rewarding? Are you looking for your next challenge? We have an opportunity for a Fitness Consultant to join the team at Exe Valley, Tiverton, one of our established Leisure Centres.
As a Fitness Consultant your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To carry out fitness inductions and fitness assessments, design fitness programmes and carry out lifestyle consultations.
- To track and record member visits and carry out follow up procedures.
- To instruct fitness classes as directed by the Manager.
- To supervise the Fitness Studio and/or classes to ensure the best possible customer orientated environment in terms of health and safety.
At Exe Valley, Tiverton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- Hold a current Level 2 and/or Level 3 Fitness qualifications and/or an NVQ or equivalent in sports and fitness/physical recreation
- You will need to be pro-active and outgoing to communicate with members by developing a professional relationship which will encourage them to come back and use our facilities'
- Knowledge of a range of the basic fitness studio equipment
- Excellent customer care skills and ability to work a variety of shifts (morning, evenings and weekends).
To find out more
To find out more about this role please contact Nick Denslow, Fitness Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - LS09 - Fitness Consultant.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Please download and complete our Job Application Form and send to Opportunities@middevon.gov.uk. Alternatively, print and send by post to:
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||22 March 2023 at 1:00pm|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We are keen to make our interviews accessible. Let us know on your job application if you have a disability and need any reasonable adjustments.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.