About this job
PERMANENT: 15 hours and 45 minutes per week
SALARY: £8,220 to £8,384
Do you want a role that is rewarding? Are you looking for your next challenge? We have an opportunity for a Part Time Fitness Consultant to join the team at Lords meadow, Crediton our established Leisure Centre.
At Lords Meadow, Crediton our benefits include:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to a discount shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
As a Fitness Consultant your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To carry out fitness inductions and fitness assessments, design fitness programmes and carry out lifestyle consultations.
- To track and record member visits and carry out follow up procedures.
- To instruct fitness classes as directed by the Manager.
- To supervise the Fitness Studio and/or classes to ensure the best possible customer orientated environment in terms of health and safety.
At Lords Meadow, Crediton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- Hold a current Level 2 and/or Level 3 Fitness qualifications and/or an NVQ or equivalent in sports and fitness/physical recreation
- You will need to be pro-active and outgoing to communicate with members by developing a professional relationship which will encourage them to come back and use our facilities'
- Knowledge of a range of the basic fitness studio equipment
- Excellent customer care skills and ability to work a variety of shifts (morning, evenings and weekends).
To find out more
To find out more information about Mid Devon District Council and our Leisure Services please visit: https://middevonleisure.com/about
To arrange a time and date for an informal discussion about the role of Fitness Consultant at Lords meadow, Crediton contact Ed Jonckheere (Duty Officer - Fitness) on email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A satisfactory enhanced disclosure check and three years complete employment or education history will be requested in the event of you being offered any of the positions.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - LS09-2 Fitness Consultant
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||22 September 2021 at 1:00pm|
|POST NUMBER:||LS09 - 2|
|PROPOSED INTERVIEW DATE:||w/c 28 September 2021|
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.