Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard)
About this job
PERMANENT: Various Hours
SALARY: £10.60 to £11.47
Are you looking for a new challenge? Have you got to a stage in your life where you want to look in a new direction? Maybe you are looking for a new job or are already a part time worker seeking employment elsewhere in order to top up your income? Or Maybe you just have more time on your hands now that the kids are at university or are you a young person wanting to start a career in the leisure industry? Either way we look forward to hearing from you. There are many reasons to apply to join our team and if you are keen to learn we are keen to train. This role is not just about Lifeguarding the pools, your will develop your team working and rapport building skills, increase your knowledge of health and safety and emergency action planning, train monthly for first aid, CPR and casualty management, learn about the water treatment systems and how to monitor the pool chemical balance, and have opportunity to expand your role into other areas of the service.
Not qualified? Not a problem, if you have great interpersonal skills, love team working, thrive on a challenge and are hungry to learn whats stopping you from applying?
At Exe Valley Leisure Centre, Tiverton our benefits include:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to a discount shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Full training provided with excellent training and development opportunities
As a Recreation Assistant (Wetside) duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all customers whilst using our facilities, including providing Lifeguard cover for all swimming pool users
- Focusing on providing a high quality service to all customers
- Ensuring all facilities are presented and managed to the highest level at all times
- Ensuring you adhere to health and safety guidelines
At Exe Valley Leisure Centre, Tiverton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- Experience in a customer facing environment
- Able to adapt and work within a team to provide an excellent customer experience
- Willingness to undertake essential job related training and a desire to progress in the Leisure sector
- It would be advantageous if you hold leisure related qualifications, however this is not essential. Qualifications might include National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, Pool Plant Operators Certificate and First Aid at Work
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Lucy Cottrell at email@example.com.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard) Job Description.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||On Going|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.