Temporary Event Notices
If you wish to hold an event that includes any of the items below, you can do so by submitting a Temporary Event Notice (TEN):
- the retail sale of alcohol (at any time)
- the supply of alcohol on behalf of a club (at any time)
- the provision of regulated entertainment (at any time)
- the provision of hot food or hot drink (between 11pm and 5am)
You must give 10 clear working days notice to us, the Police and Environmental Health. You can also submit a 'late' TEN between 5 to 9 clear working days before the event.
Please note, no more than 499 people may be on the premises at any one time.
Please read our temporary event notice guidance before submitting a form. It contains important information on the process and limitations to TENs. For more information on what is licensable, see GOV.UK - Entertainment Licences.
The fee is £21.00. If you submit your Temporary Event Notice online, we will forward it to the Police and Environmental Health. If you submit the form as a hard copy, please post to the Licensing Team, Police and Environmental Health yourself, see following addresses:
- Licensing, Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton EX16 6PP
- Environmental Health, Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton EX16 6PP
- Licensing Department, Devon & Cornwall Constabulary, Launceston Police Station, Moorland Road, Launceston, PL15 7HY