Local air quality management
Air Quality Management Areas (AQMA)
Following our work undertaken in local air quality management, we have designated two formal Air Quality Management Areas (AQMA), where specific pollutants exceed Government air quality targets. These are at roadside locations where residents live and the major source of these pollutants is road transport.
The first AQMA to be designated was for Exeter Road and the High Street in Crediton, in September 2004. We have published our Air Quality Action Plan setting out our measures to improve air quality in these areas. The second AQMA was designated for parts of Station Road, Higher Street and Fore Street in Cullompton, in December 2006. We have also produced an Air Quality Action Plan for Cullompton.
For further information about the AQMAs, please download the Crediton or Cullompton Air Quality Management leaflets in the Downloads section.
AQMA Action Plans
The Action Plans for each AQMA are also available below in addition to the Action Plan Progress Reports for Crediton:
- Crediton Air Quality Action Plan 2006
- Crediton Air Quality Action Plan Progress Report 2007
- Crediton Air Quality Action Plan Progress Report 2009
- Cullompton Air Quality Action Plan 2009
- Mid Devon District Council Air Quality Action Plan 2017
Air Quality Review and Assessment Reports
Also available are the latest Air Quality Review and Assessment Reports as follows (please note that some of these documents are large and may take a while to download):
- 2023 Air Quality Annual Status Report
- 2022 Air Quality Annual Status Report is available. Please contact us if you require the document.
- 2021 Air Quality Annual Status Report
- 2020 Air Quality Annual Status Report
- 2019 Air Quality Annual Status Report
- 2018 Air Quality Annual Status Report
- 2015 Air Quality Updating And Screening Assessment
- 2014 Air Quality Progress Report
For older reports please see Previous reports.