Skip to main content


Stay updated, stay informed about Environment news!

Receive environment news and alerts by signing up to our free email subscription service

Environment Fees and Charges 2024/25

Private Water Supplies, High Hedges, Green Burials, Permits for Regulated Installations

Pest control

Advice on pest control in domestic properties

Report a dead animal

How to report a dead animal found within Mid Devon.

Noise nuisances

Find out how to report a noise nuisance

Street care

Information about litter bins to reporting incidents of fly tipping, graffiti and abandoned vehicles

Trees, hedges and grass

Information about trees, hedges and grass and how we maintain these on council-owned property, public open spaces and roadside verges

Bonfires and smoke nuisance

Advice on bonfires, the law relating to bonfires and alternatives to bonfires; how to report nuisance bonfires

Air quality

Working to improve air quality and reduce air pollution across Mid Devon

Land drainage and watercourses

Information on flood defences, watercourses, sewers and private drainage, cesspits and septic tanks

Mains water supplies

Mains water supplies and our responsibilities

Private water supplies

Information about private water supplies, how they're regulated and how to register one

Contaminated land and exempt waste operations

Information about the management of contaminated land and the public register of exempt waste operations

Light pollution

Guidance on the use of artificial lighting and how we deal with nuisance lighting

Invasive non-native plants

Dealing with plants such as giant hogweed and Japanese Knotweed

Sky lanterns

Launch conditions and general guidance