Public Health Services Limited Until After Election
Due to the upcoming Tiverton & Honiton by-election the Public Health services are working at a reduced capacity, as such you may need to wait longer than usual for an answer to your enquiry. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. The service will return to business as usual post-election.
Public health and regulatory services
Our Public Health service consists of several teams responsible for delivering the following statutory functions:
- Environmental Health, (see Environment and Food safety and hygiene)
- Private Sector Housing
The work carried out by these teams is essential to ensure the health and safety of residents, visitors and workers in Mid Devon.
We strive to undertake our duties in a fair, consistent and equitable manner by requiring individuals, organisations and businesses to fulfil their legal responsibilities. We achieve this using a combination of approaches as set out in our Public Health Enforcement Policy.
We protect and improve the health, safety and wellbeing of people in Mid Devon, and reduce health inequalities. We achieve this by:
- Supporting the most vulnerable people
- Targeting the highest risk activities
- Helping the public so they can protect and improve their own health
- Delivering high-quality and value for money services that meet the needs of the community
- Supporting economic growth through compliance advice and the principles of Better Business for All
- Developing and supporting our staff to have the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities