If you think that someone has either carried out unauthorised development or hasn't fully complied with conditions placed on their development, you can check our online planning register - IDOX Public Access to see what, if any, planning permissions have been granted at the site.

Examples of breaches of planning control include:

  • building work, engineering operations and material changes of use that required planning permission but were carried out without it
  • development that has planning permission but is not carried out in accordance with the approved plans
  • failure to comply with conditions or the terms of a legal agreement attached to a permission or consent
  • unauthorised demolition of a building within a conservation area without conservation area consent
  • works carried out to a listed building (both internal works and external) which affect its historic character or setting without listed building consent having been granted
  • unauthorised felling or carrying out works to a tree which is protected by a tree preservation order or which is within a conservation area
  • display of a sign or advertisement without first obtaining advertisement consent
  • untidy sites
  • failure to comply with the requirements of an Enforcement Notice, Stop Notice or Temporary Stop Notice


If you wish to report perceived unauthorised development work, please download and complete our Report an alleged breach of planning form. If you wish to email the form back as an email attachment, please send to enf@middevon.gov.uk   Alternatively please Contact us.

We will investigate and take any enforcement action that we think is appropriate and proportionate.

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.