How should I sort my recycling boxes?
Separating the recycling within your boxes helps:
- to make recycling easier at home;
- eliminate contamination from other materials, and;
- our staff to load the collection vehicles safely and efficiently.
Using one or more box(es), the following materials can be loose and mixed:
Either using one box by stacking the materials at each end, using plastic carrier bags or two boxes to separate the following:
Using one box only, the following materials can be loose and mixed:
We also collect dry, clean textiles. Textiles need to be placed within a carrier bag in/next to black recycling box 2. You can also recycle batteries (not Lithium Ion) within black recycling box 2 but the batteries need to be placed inside a clear plastic bag/ pot and tape terminals where possible.
If you only have room for one recycling box, as long as it's clean and tidy, we'll hand sort it by the kerbside for you.
Additional cardboard for recycling?
We will collect additional cardboard recycling - please leave it flat packed next to you green box.
Need an extra recycling box?
If you need additional boxes, please use our online form: Request a new waste container.
- For more room in your black box, squeeze the air out of plastic bottles and replace the lids (these can also be recycled)
- Remember to flat pack all cardboard
- Please squash or stack your plastic packaging to give you more space and prevent the contents from overflowing
- Remember to put metal lids from cans and jars in your black box
- Stack your boxes for more floor space and prevent loose contents from being littered by the wind
- You don't need to remove plastic windows from envelopes
- We also collect dry, clean textiles. Textiles need to be placed within a carrier bag in/next to black recycling box 2.
- Running out of room in your recycling boxes? You can place your recycling within carrier bags (not black in colour) but please only put one type of recyclable material per bag. example a carrier bag for cans, a carrier bag for paper, please don't mix also Please don't put glass in carrier bags for safety reasons.
Note: please do not use black sacks to put out extra recycling, these can be mistaken as non-recyclable waste!