Crediton Neighbourhood Plan History
Crediton Neighbourhood Plan approved at Referendum
The referendum results recorded 88% of votes in favour of the Neighbourhood Plan.
Voters were asked the following the question:
“Do you want Mid Devon District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Crediton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The Crediton Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the statutory development plan for the Crediton area, alongside the Mid Devon Local Plan and the Devon Waste and Minerals Plans. It carries full weight for guiding planning applications submitted to the Council for determination and the decisions made on these. The plan will formally be adopted at a meeting of the Council on 26 October.
Further details and all required specific documents relating to the Crediton Neighbourhood Plan Referendum can be viewed below:
- Crediton Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Information Statement
- Referendum Version of the Neighbourhood Plan
- Report of the Independent Examiner
- Summary of the Representations submitted to the Independent examiner 01
- Summary of the Representations submitted to the Independent examiner 02
- Statement by the local authority that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and other necessary provisions (Decision Statement)
- Statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (Information for Voters)
What was the outcome of the examination of the Neighbourhood Plan?
Following submission of the Crediton neighbourhood plan and the subsequent 6 week publicity period (see below), the District Council in co-operation with Crediton Town Council, appointed Barbara Maksymiw as the independent Examiner to carry out the examination of the plan. The Neighbourhood Plan was submitted to the appointed examiner, along with supporting documents and representations received during the publicity period.
During the examination the Examiner sought clarification from Crediton Town Council in relation to maps published in the Neighbourhood Plan, Design statement, responses to Regulation 14 consultation etc. Please see links to the documents below for further details:
- Questions for Clarification/Email 1
- Email 2
- Questions for Clarification 2
- Email 3
- Crediton NP Design statement
- Crediton NP Report on responses (regulation 14)
When was the Neighbourhood Plan submitted?
Crediton Town Council, as the qualifying body, formally submitted the Crediton Neighbourhood Plan to us for the Publicity Stage, as required by the neighbourhood planning regulations. The submission materials have been reviewed and checked to ensure regulatory compliance and formal confirmation of our acceptance of the plan to proceed to the Regulation 16 Publicity Period was provided on 16th November 2021.
Subsequently we have issued a Notice of Publication.
Neighbourhood Plan and associated documents:
- Crediton Neighbourhood Plan Submission Version (September 2021)
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment & Habitats Regulation Assessment Screening Report
Additional documents that provide evidence of the context and process of the Crediton Neighbourhood Plan can be found on the Neighbourhood Plan website at: creditonnp.co.uk
*These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format or to request the form in the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01884 255255.*
The Regulation 16 Publicity Period concluded on Friday 14th January 2022. Representations received are as follows:
When was the area for the Neighbourhood Plan designated?
The Crediton Neighbourhood Area was designated on 2nd July 2014. The area designation documents are listed as follows:
The representations received are as follows: