Apply for permission
The quickest and easiest way to make your planning application is online using the Planning Portal they have information on:
- Help with your application
- How to apply
- The decision making process
- How to appeal your planning decision
All applications submitted through the Planning Portal and which require a planning fee to be paid will use their Financial Transaction Service. The charge for the service is £28.00 (£23.33 + VAT)
The Planning Portal are a private company and this fee is not paid to Mid Devon District Council
Benefits of applying online
- Easy registration
- Complete your application, upload supporting documents and pay fees online
- Immediate delivery and acknowledgement
- Saves on postage and printing costs
- Online help function when completing application forms
- Online record of your completed application
Please make sure you've checked the national and local level requirements before submitting your application. If you don't submit all the information we need, we won't be able to process your application.
If you are not able to submit your application using the Planning Portal, you will need to send it in the post with 1 x copy of each document/plan required.
Send to: Planning Registration, Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton. EX16 6PP.
Planning fees for postal applications should be paid at the time the application is submitted, you can do this using our Do It Online Service (To avoid delays, please ensure the applicant name is used as a reference), or call 01884 255255. We will not be able start validating your application until the fee is paid.
If you are unsure of fees please email firstname.lastname@example.org