Planning application fee increase
New regulations were introduced on 17 January 2018 which increased planning application fees by 20%. A guide to the current fees and a handy calculator is available on the national planning portal.
Note: We currently have a backlog of applications and are approximately 8 working days behind.
Apply for permission
The quickest and easiest way to make your planning application is online using the Planning Portal which has guidance on:
- Help with your application
- How to apply
- The decision making process
- How to appeal your planning decision
Benefits of applying online
- Easy registration
- Complete your application, upload supporting documents and pay fees online
- Immediate delivery and acknowledgement
- Saves on postage and printing costs
- Online help function when completing application forms
- Online record of your completed application
Please make sure you've checked the national and local level requirements before submitting your application. If you don't send all the information we need, we won't be able to process your application.
Other ways to apply
We recommend that you apply online, but you can also use the Planning Portal's Paper Form Chooser to download forms as PDF documents.
Alternatively, these forms are available on our Download a planning application form page.
Please see Planning Portal - Application Fees