Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan History
Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan approved at Referendum
The referendum results recorded 84.55% of votes in favour of the Neighbourhood Plan.
Voters were asked the following question:
“Do you want Mid Devon District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Tiverton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the statutory development plan for the Tiverton area, alongside the Mid Devon Local Plan and the Devon Waste and Minerals Plans. It carries full weight for guiding planning applications submitted to the Council for determination and the decisions made on these. The plan will formally be adopted at a meeting of the Council on 14 December.
Further details and all required specific documents relating to the Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan Referendum can be viewed below:
- Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Information Statement
- Referendum Version of the Neighbourhood Plan
- Report of the Independent Examiner
- Summary of the Representations submitted to the Independent Examiner 01
- Statement by the local authority that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and other necessary provisions (Decision Statement)
- Statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (Information for Voters)
What was the outcome of the examination of the Neighbourhood Plan?
Following submission of the Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan and the subsequent 6 week publicity period (see below), the District Council in co-operation with Tiverton Town Council, appointed Deborah McCann as the independent Examiner to carry out the examination of the plan. The Neighbourhood Plan was submitted to the appointed examiner, along with supporting documents and representations received during the publicity period.
During the examination the Examiner sought clarification from Tiverton Town Council in relation to maps published in the Neighbourhood Plan, Design statement, responses to Regulation 14 consultation etc. Please see links to the documents below for further details:
- 01 Email
- Letter from Sir Ian Amory and TNP Reply
- Template text to send to Local Green Space owners
- Local Green Space Ownership details
- 02 email
When was the Neighbourhood Plan submitted?
Tiverton Town Council, as the qualifying body, formally submitted the Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan to us for the Publicity Stage, as required by the neighbourhood planning regulations. The submission materials have been reviewed and checked to ensure regulatory compliance and formal confirmation of our acceptance of the plan to proceed to the Regulation 16 Publicity Period was provided on 7th January 2022.
Subsequently we have issued a Notice of Publication.
Neighbourhood Plan and associated documents:
- Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan 2020 - 2033
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment & Habitats Regulation Assessment Screening Report
Additional documents that provide evidence of the context and process of the Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan can be found on the Neighbourhood Plan website at: Home - Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan
*These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format or to request the form in the post, please email email@example.com or contact us on 01884 255255.*
The Regulation 16 Publicity Period concluded on Friday 18th February 2022.
Representations received are as follows:
10 Shona Moore
11 Jose Kimber
20 Devon Historic Environment Team (late response)
21 Victoria Pugh (late response)
When was the area for the Neighbourhood Plan designated?
The Tiverton Neighbourhood Area was designated 12 November 2018. The area designation documents are listed as follows:
- Tiverton Neighbourhood Area Application
- Tiverton Neighbourhood Plan Area
- Tiverton Neighbourhood Area Designation Letter
The representations received are as follows: